Dental crowns are an efficient and safe procedure meant to cover (wrap) the visible part of a damaged tooth. There are certain conditions that have to be met so that the dentist is able to attach the crowns on the patient’s tooth:
- the doctor has to grind the tooth prior to the procedure
- the tooth needs to be healthy or properly treated previously
- the tooth doesn’t have to be mobile
- the tooth has to be strong enough to support the crown.
Dental crowns have certain functions:
- aesthetic function – has to match the shape, size and colour of adjacent teeth
- chewing function - the crown has to be shaped so that the chewing be natural and comfortable
- phonetics function
- resistance - to maintain or improve the tooth’s strength.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Aesthetical and functional tooth restoration
- Time saving: the procedure doesn’t require countless visits to the dentist
- The patients get used with the dental crowns very fast.